Monday 23 March 2015

St Valentin newletter

That day, 14th February when I arrived at the office, I wasn't expecting that Jessica would welcome me saying that the St Valentin newletter was sent to the clients, with the 3 hook articles chosen among those I wrote. I was then asked to speak about how I felt about it so here we are guys, let's speak about my feelings!



I firstly didn't really react, because I didn't really know what it implied for me, but I certainly felt as if my job was done in a good way.

Since I've been at 1Global, I wrote a lot of articles and I enjoy doing it, as my first profesional plan was to become a journalist. I like to investigate, read as much as I can about a specific topic, write about an up-to-the-minute piece of news and look for the best way to give the information. I'm never bored by this part of the work, and when I look back, that it does you a world of good when your boss takes a look at your job and believes it is good enough to show it to the customers. I also appreciate a lot that Jessica trusts us enough to let us work on an independent basis. It feels really good not to be watched over, and as for me, it stimulates me to work harder and do my best.

The more I work here, the more I feel like I am working on my future by doing what I am doing. Those articles are published in the blogs of the company and anybody can have access to them and notice who posted them. Moreover, it shows what I am able to deal with to the clients who may turn out to be my future employers. I'm constantly trying to improve my language skills by writting in Spanish as well as in English, so that I can turn into a very good translator, or even better - a very good journalist (nobody knows what the future is made of).

This also enables me to produce better articles on my own blog, on which I publish about who I am and what the possible bosses can expect if they hire me (once again, thanks Jessica for teaching all of us how to show our skills on the internet every Friday!). Here is my blog, in case you'd like to check it out.


If you want to see 1GlobalTranslators blogs, here is the Spanish one, here is the English one.


1 comment: