Wednesday 8 April 2015

See you soon, Barcelona

So, here I am...last day of work, last day and night in Barcelona (at least for now, hehe).
I would love to describe all the feelings that are dwelling deep inside my heart and soul right now, but I cannot. It is impossible. I cannot say if I am happy or sad, anxious or nervous. My hands are shaking since the morning. After getting a bit of sleep, I woke up, looking around my half-packed room. It is such a strange feeling. You try to pack everything but you know there is still one day, one last day, one last night and party....

Today, I am sitting at work, wonderin how to say goodbye to everyone. I know it was a short time and I may not have spent as much time with you all as I should have. I do not know you that well. But there will always be this connection between us - our internship. I am not a true Barcelonian after these three months but maybe you will get there. I hope you will travel a lot and have a lot of fun. Visit as many pubs as possible, try stealing a glass from one of them ^^

I do not know yet how much I have changed. Life in Barcelona was indeed different from all my previous experiences. But you need to take life step by step. I do not know where my next stop will be. Maybe Slovakia, Norway, maybe even Japan, who knows? But one thing I learned for sure. The more you travel, the easier the travelling gets. While it is true that I miss my family, my home, I know that I will get bored there in 2 weeks. Being abroad is exciting since you always feel like an exlorer.

I met many interesting people, I did many crazy things, many stupid things, many silly things. It would take a long time to tell all my stories btu maybe one day, if you really want to know, you can buy me a drink and I will tell you :) While it was an exciting life, one part of me is happy that it is coming to an end. While I love Barcelona and it will always stay in my heart, I know that it is not the right place for my life. So I need to search some more around the world ^^

I am writing this post mainly for all of you, my fellow interns. If you are staying here for 3 months or half a year, time flies quickly. I am not telling you to use your time wisely – we are young and therefore we can rarely make wise decisions. No. Use your time in a way that you will not regret. I had days when I barely slept and then there were lazy days that I spent mostly in my bed. I do not regret them, I needed some ME time, some calm moments. There is always something going on in Barcelona, but you should not force yourself to go out if you are not feeling like it. Even though your life in Barcelona might seem like one big dream, you are not sleeping so do not forget to take it easy sometimes :)

So yeah, my advice to you, make some unwise decisions, party, sleep, travel, work(haha); all in all – enjoy your time in Barcelona in the way you want to enjoy it!

Cheers \^_^/
Bianka

1 comment:

  1. "try stealing a glass from one of them", haahha really loved this part!

    See you soon Bianka and I wish you all the best!!

    ReplyDelete