Wednesday 12 August 2015

Visit to Sagrada Familia

After a month spent in Barcelona I decided to go and visit one of the most famous monuments of this city: la Sagrada Familia. Actually I went there because a Chinese friend of mine came here for her first time and heard so much about it that she asked me to go with her.
I was pretty curious about it too, its style is so different and unique from the outside that  I had always wondered how the inside looked like.
The ticket for students is €13, which according to me is too expensive, considered that it is a church, a place built for people who want to pray and practice their religion, but compared to the prices for other monuments such as Casa Mila and Battlo, which cost around €20 it's to be considered quite cheap.
Once I got inside Sagrada Familia I admit that I was charmed by its uniqueness and majesty. It is so much different from every church I saw before and I am happy I got the chance to visit it.
The only, big problem that I found was the atmosphere in it: people talking loudly, children running around, big screens projecting Gaudi's story and his ideas.. all things that, according to me, ruined the spirituality  that is to be found in a religious place, or at least in a catholic church.
I know that silence and order are difficult to be mantained in such big and crowded places, but maybe it's worth to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment