Monday 16 February 2015

Visit time!

I have decided to post some news about my life here in Barcelona. A lot happened since I have arrived.
Firstly, I am trying to keep the promise I gave to my mom before leaving and I am going to yoga class regularly. I have never done yoga before so it is a bit hard for me but I am improving little by little. The mentors are really nice and friendly and even though I don’t speak Spanish at all, I have no problem following the class
(I have even learned some new words!). So anyway, if you want to try some yoga, I highly recommend studio Yogabody – and first class is for free!
The second thing I want to write about is the visit of my friend Nika. She came to visit me for a week. It was a really spontaneous decision, I had only known about it for a week before she arrived. Still, I think I had enough time to prepare everything (mainly a place to sleep).
After she arrived, she bought the Barcelona card which lets you use the transport and you have free entry to some museums. So her quest was to go to at least 6 main ones. I didn’t go with her to most of them, because the entrance fee was usually around 10 euros and I was not that interested in seeing them. The only museum we have visited together were Picasso museum (we visited it when it was free – you should definitely check it out), Museum Blau and CosmoCaixa(both scientific oriented museums, but they were really nice, there was a lot of funny stuff – in CosmoCaixa, they have remade the tropical forest, with the fish and the climate, you really need to see it!). We have also seen the Aquarium, but I must say I was disappointed. Please, do not visit it unless you reaaaaally like fish – 20 euros is really too much (in my case 16 because we had cheaper tickets thanks to the Barcelona card, but still).
We have seen every famous building created by Gaudi, we went to the end of metro line 11, we went to Tibidabo (even though it was closed), we have enjoyed the view from the Montjuic castle (we almost froze there, since the wind was really cold and strong), we walked down La Rambla, enjoyed guitar performances in front of the Cathedral, danced in Razzmatazz and Apollo, we tried local cuisine and wine (and ice-cream!! - in winter, in cold..yeah), we went on shopping spree in Maremagnum and above all, took a looooot of pictures (I am posting at least a few of them – Nika took 1600 pictures! Hehe).
It was a week to remember. And at least now I know what is worth to see in Barcelona which is useful since my mom is visiting me at the end of February.
The last thing I want to mention in this post is Barcelona night life. It is really useful to be in as many FB groups as possible, and definitely check out Shaz and Welov list online. By signing up, you can get to some clubs for free! (which is quite handy with the prices here in Barcelona). I went to a free Erasmus dinner yesterday (with free wine and cava until midnight!) and it was amazing!! I met some really nice people there. The event was created like a “blind date”. You were supposed to find the other half of your pir and you could get a drink for free! I switched with my friend to be Lois Lane, but I still couldn't find my Superman...sooo sad...Oh well, maybe next time. (I still can't believe that some people didn't know who Lois Lane or Han Solo are...soooo strange (yeah I am a geek, bite me!)).
I can say that so far, Barcelona is treating me nicely and I am starting to get to know its perks. I will update you again about my adventures about how I am trying to become a real Barcelonian.
Hasta luego chicos!
\^_^/ 
Bianka

No comments:

Post a Comment